Thursday, July 28, 2011

Project? Yes please

I decided that I want to finish the paint job in the kitchen that I started back in February.  Good idea right.  I am still trying to decided if it was a good idea or not.  So I decided I wanted my house to be a little more colorful.  My bathroom is a yellowish color, I painted my room the same color as the bathroom but because of the lighting it look different and more of a tan in my room.  And then the Kitchen we decided green.  It looks good but after painting the green we decided that the cabinets need to be darker and then it would look awesome.  
So this last week I had my little brothers (Jershon, Tennik and Nevele) here for a week.  What a great time to finish my paint/staining project right?!  So I did, well I started it at least. I have learned since starting this project
1-it is better to do it right the first time.  That way it doesn't take as long and you don't have to redo it.

2-It is better to have a lower number on the sand paper when you first start sanding, it goes by much faster.
3-Sponge brush in better then a paint brush when staining
4-back to #1 
5-If you go from the lower # on the sand paper to the higher # it looks so much better after you put the stain on.
6-so therefore back to #1
7-When somebody or a lot of somebodies say "wow, that is a big project" listen!
8- Last, well I am never re-staining kitchen cabinets again. 

I am now on day 8 of my project and yes I have had lots of help but I think it will be another 4 days before it is completely finished.  This is a project that I learned a lot from and will take the knowledge with me for the next big project I decide I should do.  As soon as I figure out how to put pictures up and once I am done putting my kitchen back together I will put some pictures up.

No comments:

Post a Comment